£42000 - £44000 per annum
16 days ago
The position is based in a heavy maintenance train depot, where safety, quality and image are imperative, hence the ability to work professionally, in partnership with the client is essential. Whilst this role has an electrical bias, the position requires an open, hands-on approach, as responsibilities will include but are not limited to basic plumbing tasks (e.g., unblocking WC’s, replacing syphons etc) and non-technical handyman tasks.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8AM – 4:30PM
- Planned Preventative Maintenance, taking ownership of the progression of any remedials identified.
- Ensuring reactive repairs are completed in accordance with contractual SLA’s.
- Minor installations and maintenance of site Electrical LV Systems.
- The diagnosis and repair of faults on systems and plant including basic mechanical and plumbing system fault finding.
- Ensuring that all record keeping functions are completed as instructed by the Facilities Manager.
- Timely updating of the PDA, to ensure that the CAFM system is updated upon completion of a PPM or reactive task.
- Completing tasks to highest standards of workmanship and safety
- The requirement for a thorough understanding of company policies, guidelines, and escalation procedures.
- To have a thorough understanding of the site’s electrical systems and procedures
- To be responsible for all maintenance and repairs of the site’s electrical low voltage systems
- To ensure that all third-party contractors that are requested to carry out work on site, do so in a safe and professional manner and abide by any company or site-specific procedures.
- To support with the production, updating and review of site Local Operating Procedures, Method Statements and Risk Assessments in accordance with best practice
- To carry out scheduled maintenance tasks, repairs and operations of equipment and services in accordance with best practice and site requirements
Pay: £42’000 - £44’000 Per annum DOE
QUALIFICATIONS OR REQUIRED EXPEREINCE:
- Recognised industry Electrical qualification (e.g., City & Guilds), and previous experience is essential, preferably with a rail maintenance depot or heavy plant facility.
- IEE 18th Edition (essential)
- AP12 - LV Qualified (essential)
- 2391 City & Guilds Inspection & Testing (or equivalent)
- Electrical heating systems experience (essential)
- IPAF 3a & 3b (desirable)
- Health & Safety Awareness, with an IOSH qualification (desirable)
- Legionella Awareness
If you would like to find out more information regarding the role, please contact Matt Bees at TXM Recruit or click apply.