Electrical Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for one of the UK’s most well-regarded building services engineering consultancy.
Working out of their offices in Bristol we are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Electrical Design Engineer that has experience of working first hand with clients and that is also comfortable in developing, supporting and mentoring others.
They have exciting projects ongoing and in the pipeline and work in the following sectors: Healthcare, Leisure, Defence, Residential, Industrial, Commercial and Education.
Applicants will be either newly graduated or already have 1-3 years’ experience and have achieved a minimum of a 2.1 BEng or MEng degree in an appropriate subject. The successful candidate will join our in-house training scheme to achieve Chartership with one of our recognised engineering institutions. The position provides excellent career opportunities and benefits from a first-rate remuneration package.
Salary depending on experience – 25 days holiday + bank holidays + performance related profit share + pension + medical cover
To apply for this role you should meet the following criteria:
- BEng or MEng qualified in an appropriate subject
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Be passionate, driven and determined to develop career to higher status
- Be fully IT literate with basic knowledge of BIM and relevant design software
- Hold a full UK driving license
- Be smart in appearance and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Have excellent time management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
The job role will include the following:
- Preparation of detailed design calculation
- Providing solutions to design problems
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Production of manual and CAD drawings
- Production of Revit 3D designs
- Working with clients and design teams
- Preparation of sites surveys
- Commitment to achieving a professional qualification
Working in a friendly environment you will assist the senior engineers in all aspects of electrical design. You will be assigned a mentor within your team who will work and liaise closely with you in your day-to-day work.