Salary Negotiable Dependant on Experience + Company Benefits
4 months ago
Liquid error: internal
Are you a design engineer looking to secure a permanent position? Do you have wiring/schematic experience? If the answer is yes, this could be the next role for you!
The successful applicant will be part of a small team and will work on a variety of projects to support and maintain multiple engineering programmes.
Electrical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Generate wiring schematics and physical loom drawings
- Generate schematics and drawings of electronic assemblies and piece parts
- Generate assembly instructions and test procedures
- Generate dyno / rig schematics documentation to support Test engineering
- Generate, update, and maintain BOMs for Electronics products & dyno support
- Generate, update, and maintain process and assembly procedure documentation for Electronics products
- Ensure correct tooling & jigs are available to meet production needs
- Liaison with relevant project engineers to ensure that engine and chassis wiring, sensor and actuator installations are correctly detailed and manufactured
- Identify and implement (where appropriate) process time reductions
Electrical Design Engineer Skill & Requirements:
- Must have Automotive / motorsport or Military wiring harness design experience
- Must be Conversant with wiring harness assembly to Motorsport or military specifications, the use of Deutsch Auto-Sport or equivalent connectors and Raychem system 25 products is essential
- Good working knowledge of AutoCad and/or Unigraphics
- Qualified to at least HNC/HND level in a relevant engineering subject
- Fully conversant with automotive and motorsport electrical installation requirements and able to work closely with engineers and draughtsmen to achieve results efficiently
- Experienced in the inspection, testing and fault rectification of wiring harnesses
- Good working knowledge of automotive sensors and actuators to include testing and fault finding of a wide range of components to include pressure & temperature sensors, fuel injectors, ignition coils, position, and speed sensors etc.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.