Unique opportunity with an established, major engineering consultancy based in the UK that are rapidly expanding their teams following their continued success.
Based in their client’s Birmingham office, the team are looking for a E&P Design Engineer that has previous track and power experience within the railway industry to support the design and asset discovery phases of the projects.
As the E&P Design Engineer, you will
- Actively contributing to site surveys
- Collating technical information from surveys, inspections and other sources
- Demonstrating a good understanding of the design process
- Ability to undertake design and assessment work
- Engaging in CDM/risk analyses
- Undertaking designs to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Keeping up to date with current Network Rail, British and European Standards
- Preparing design and assessment reports
- Producing design drawings using CAD
- Support the design team during design submissions
- Effective communication with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractor
To be considered for the role you must have
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Chartered status with the Institution of Engineering and Technology
- A good fundamental understanding of HV Power Transmission, ideally as applied to within railway traction
- Good level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Good knowledge of Network Rail, British and European electrical and lighting Standards
- Good understanding of systems engineering including the Verification & Validation and SRAM processes
- Good understanding of CDM and CSM processes
- Competent with using electrical design software (e.g. Amtech, etap, etc.)
- Good team player
- Uses clear communication lines within the electrical design team
- Self-motivated and pro-active in terms of producing designs
What will you get in return?
- A competitive salary
- 32 days annual holidays (including bank holidays), with the option to buy more
- Excellent career development opportunities, with access to internal and external training, which you will be encouraged and supported to take part in
- Flexible working
My client is looking to interview in the next couple of weeks, so If you meet the requirements, please apply today to avoid missing out!