TXM Recruit are currently working with a leading TOC in London to recruit a Driver Manager.
To lead drivers in ensuring operational safety, carry out fitness and competence assessments of drivers and ensure that drivers are utilised in the most effective and economic manner possible so as to ensure the reliable operation of the train plan, contribute to improving train performance and achieve customer satisfaction targets.
- Manage the deployment of drivers to ensure the business needs are met in terms of efficient and economical operation.
- Carry out the provision of the disciplinary procedures, welfare arrangements and health and safety at work as delegated.
- Carry out competency assessments and monitoring of drivers and trainee drivers at the frequency and in the manner specified as set down in company procedures.
- Carry out and record fitness for duty checks of drivers and trainee drivers at the frequency and in the manner specified in company procedures.
- Carry out briefings of drivers and trainee drivers at the frequency laid down in company procedures using corporate and departmental briefing material and incorporating any local requirements identified by the Traincrew Managers.
- In accordance with company procedure requirements, make recommendations to the appropriate Traincrew Manager concerning any driver that may require additional monitoring due to identified sub-standard performance or other factor. Apply special monitoring plans in respect of such identified drivers.
- Implement the safety standards (developed by the Operations Standards Manager) at driver depots.
- Ensure six monthly safety checks are carried out to meet safety validation requirements.
- Ensure remedial actions from all audits are addressed and closed out.
- Should be capable of improving levels of driver performance in terms of safety and discipline and to manage effectively staff inter-relationships within driver depots and between depot staff and other members of staff.
- Good knowledge of traction/traincrew matters, including conditions of service, rostering practices, disciplinary procedures.
Skills And Competencies
- Certification in rules and regulations competence and knowledge of traction instructions.
- Full Driver competence for a minimum of a five year period