£336 per day
19 days ago
- Ensure that train design is optimised and integrated by having expert mechanical knowledge at both system and train level and be capable of delivering comprehensive product designs with which to engage the supply chain
- Provide technical support for existing projects by providing root cause analysis of complex technical faults requiring expert engineering knowledge and providing clear, concise and actionable conclusions
- Carry out mechanical design engineering functions through from concept design phase to design freeze, engaging the supply chain and delivering output aligned with project engineering KPIs
- Manage small and medium sized engineering projects of high complexity through from supply chain, design to implementation. Confirm and agree technical specifications and requirements. Carefully manage the interface requirements between the factory and sub-suppliers, evaluating technical and commercial risk.
- Validation of the train design by ensuring that the QA and test and commissioning activities are aligned with the design concept. Provide the necessary feedback into relevant departments.
- Ensuring that design and system information is correct and aligned with the expected deliverables of the team to enable effective interdepartmental information flow (e.g. Maintenance, Procurement, QHSE, Training, Testing, etc)
- Provide support and validation to the RAMS activities
- Experience developing product designs for modern rolling stock or other complex mobile machinery
- Understand and be able to apply the principles of requirements driven design
- Rolling Stock operations knowledge is advantageous
- Ability to read engineering drawings and assess potential failure modes and identify design improvements.
- Reliability and maintenance process knowledge, particularly FMEA.
- Experience of building good working relationships across all stakeholders
- Related Engineering Degree
- CAD experience with Creo and AutoCAD
- Monday - Friday, 8 hours per day
Please note this role is based off a daily rate and falls INSIDE IR35 If you are interested in your next contracting role as a Design Engineer then please get in touch with Charlie Webster at TXM Recruit for more details.