£367.50 per day
about 1 month ago
As a Design Engineer you would be on competitive rate of £367.50ltd per day and this role fall outside of IR35.
Working as part of a close-knit team the Installation Design Engineer will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially regarding retrofitting train control systems. The Installation Design Engineer will work within the on-board train fitment design team to ensure the installation design engineering requirements on the project are correctly captured and delivered.
As a Design Engineer you will have such tasks as:
· Play a key role in delivering in-house design solutions for retrofit design project.
· Take an active role in liaison with third-party design companies to ensure commonality of designs is achieved.
· In depth practical knowledge and experience of designing the retro-fitment installation of train systems, ETCS, TPWS, AWS, GSM-R, Wi-Fi, CCTV and DAS.
· The application design of standard hardware in an on-train environment and documentation of the application design for train carried systems.
· Ability to understand and capture installation design requirements (specifications, scenarios, rules, etc.) relating to the subsystem.
· Previous experience of using Solid Edge 3D CAD system.
· The ability to produce 2D electrical design information, in particular circuit diagrams, wiring diagrams, cable assembly/harness drawings, cable routing drawings etc derived from the electrical schematics.
· The ability to specify cables, connectors, terminals, conduits etc to be used in the installation design.
· The ability to produce conduit fill ratio calculations.
· Experience of leading/participating in vehicle surveys to ensure sufficient information is gathered to facilitate the production of installation designs.
· Awareness of depot procedures and site safety.
· An understanding of the approvals process required to modify a train and bring it back into service.
· Read and review requirements, creating written comments and attending reviews as required.
· Review engineering data for completeness and consistency.
· Review product installation designs to ensure adherence to guidelines and installation constraints.
· Previous experience in application designs for maintenance.
· Previous experience in liaising with subcontractors throughout the whole project lifecycle.
· Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
If you are a Design Engineer and looking for your next exciting opportunity, contact me now to discuss further.