Are you looking to work on some of the rail industry’s most exciting projects? TXM are working with the largest global manufacturer of rail vehicles to recruit a Design Assurance Engineer.
The primary purpose of this role is to undertake design assurance activities (driven by requirements based engineering) on Projects, Bids and R&D to ensure that:
- The stakeholder requirements are fully understood (within the context of the train design)
- The train design is demonstrably compliant with contractual and legal requirements
- The train gains necessary authorization to operate in passenger service
- The role is to ensure that the train design is valid and verified and is demonstrated as such to achieve acceptance by the customer.
- Reviewing customer technical specifications and legislation to understand requirements and consequently assisting vehicle engineers in making key decisions regarding vehicle concept and architecture to ensure that these requirements are met.
- Generating the necessary technical documentation in response to customer Invitations To Tender (ITTs) and leading the resolution of technical compliance issues relating to the train design during bid negotiations.
- Capture (and where necessary further develop) customer and regulatory requirements based on contractual and tender documentation and assist the cascade of these requirements with appropriate verification activities to systems within the train (in DOORS)
- Liaison with the engineering team to determine and support development of verification evidence necessary to gain design conformance (both customer and regulatory).
- Planning and estimating timescales and costs associated with delivery of the scope of work associated with the role. And directly managing the scope of work during bids and projects
- Engineering Degree; Master’s Degree (desirable)
- System Integration and System Architectural understanding
- Rail experience desirable
- Significant experience and hands on delivery of the design, analysis, development, testing and delivery of engineering solutions that solve complex requirements
- Provide technical expertise in Requirements Management, Design verification and Authorisation (in at least one area – essential)
- DOORS experience (ESSENTIAL)
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to use this technical knowledge in the support of other departments (engineering, production, procurement, projects) and the development of less experienced engineering personnel
- Very good leadership skills; Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may direct the work of other staff members
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across a wide group of audiences – engineering communities, customers (internal & external), senior management;
- Demonstrable ability to solve complex problems; analyse possible solutions using technical experience and judgement.
For more information contact Ben Anderson on either firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07894819517