30 days ago
Permanent Role in Formula 1
TXM are currently working alongside a Formula 1 team who are looking to grow their Performance Simulation group. This is a very unique role that will give the correct candidate the opportunity to work across the model development and simulation programmes.
The role will see you lead the data source package management for the Simulator and the model development path. This role will require fantastic communication and organisational skills, its a great opportunity for someone to transition into a performance group role, or to take a different view on the experience they already have in car performance or Vehicle Dynamics.
- Collect the team’s simulation data required to carry out performance studies in support of the car development programme.
- Create data sources with the required simulation data
- Test and validate the data sources before releasing to the team.
- Organise the data source release schedule to maximise pace of simulation results delivery and consistency of assumptions across the team
- Collect and propose requirements for a new simulation data system that
- simplifies and speeds up the generation of simulation data sources
- increases flexibility while maintaining traceability and visibility of the data input to simulation
- Validate and advise on the development of the new data system against the requirements and relevant use cases.
- Excellent academic background with a Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree (preferably masters, 2:1 minimum grade) or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of race cars dynamics and mechanics of suspension systems
- Familiar with the modelling and simulation of vehicle dynamics and source control practises
- Ability to work collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams, to ambitious deadlines, and under minimal supervision.
- Motivated and focused person with excellent communication skills.
- Attention to details and discipline of self-checking results
- Inclined at interpreting technical needs of others