about 2 months ago
TXM Recruit are currently working with a leading Formula 1 team who are looking to bring in a Control Systems Engineer to work within their Systems Development group, who are concerned with the development of the Dyno, DiL and real time systems.
The team are in a phase of expansion and are looking to continue their success within the sport, whilst also expanding their projects and opportunities away from Formula 1.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Developing the real-time control and simulation software for the team’s test facilities (e.g. dynos, driver-in-the-loop simulators)
- Creating and maintaining software and systems to support control system operation and performance development (e.g. calibration, data analysis and simulation tools)
- Training, support and fault diagnosis of deployed controls software in conjunction with end users (e.g. controls engineers, test engineers and dyno operators)
- Development and support for the internal controls software build and continuous integration tools and processes.
- Strong degree with mathematical and physical system focus.
- Highly proficient in MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow, with a detailed understanding of model-based design
- Knowledgeable about modern software development techniques (e.g. source control, automated testing, continuous integration)
- Have a methodical, data driven approach to problem solving using a variety of tools and data sources.