Excellent salary and company benefits
19 days ago
As the Contracts Manager on the GO Expansion (RER) project, you will provide support in the effective administration of the contract between the company and its customer including providing sound contractual advice to the project team to minimize any risk to the company and to ensure optimal outcomes for the project. You will be responsible for participating in all contract matters including interpretations, risk management, change management, claims, dispute resolution and negotiations related to the Company’s contract with the client. Your intermediate- to senior-level knowledge allows you to work independently and under the direction of the project’s senior management team. You collaborate with multiple departments including operations, project management, project controls, commercial, finance, legal, insurance, client representatives and members of our joint venture partners. You will be responsible for providing support to the Procurement Lead and team for all phases of subcontractor and vendor recruitment on the project.
- Responsible for the coordination of the commercial evaluation of quotations to make a recommendation for award
- Ensure that all agreements are completed in accordance with the contractual terms and conditions
- In execution, review the contract to determine and advise the Execution Team on the obligations, liabilities and potential risk
- Participate in negotiations with Contracting Authority and Subcontractors, as appropriate
- Develop appropriate change / claim management processes, templates and deliverables
- Manage applications for payment process under the contract
- Work closely with the Project Director throughout the construction of the project and act as an advisor and recommend solutions for revenue savings, risk mitigation and claim avoidance
- Assist the project team with interpreting contract requirements including terms and conditions
- Brief project staff on contractual requirements / obligations, and implementation of contract processes and procedures
- Review cost and schedule variances to assess and brief the project team and contracting authority on early warning notices
- Work with Project Management Team to develop and ensure timely correspondence with the Client is issued to protect the Company’s interests
- Track contract changes/modifications and ensure appropriate evidence is kept
- Prepare narratives and entitlement documentation
- Prepare any change orders, variations, claims, counter claims, delay claims to the contract and assist with negotiation / resolution
- Manage the dispute process
- Proactively develop process to identify, prepare and manage claims
- Work with the Risk Management and Insurance teams on any issues that may be related to insurance policies
Required Knowledge and Experience
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience (construction / rail environment is a requirement)
- Sound understanding of the construction processes and work methodologies
- Additional experience within a specialty area is preferred – such as with Rail & Trackwork, Railway Systems vendors, Civil, Regulated Utilities, Stations.
- Experience working for a major Contractor on large, high-dollar-value, major construction projects including P3, Design Build or major lump sum/Unit price contracts.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the different contract types such as cost reimbursable, lump sum, unit price, target price, and design build
- Knowledge and experience of strategic procurement process, procurement best practices, import regulations, general contract terms and conditions
- Strong communication skills with ability to deliver clear, compelling and concise messaging
- Ability to analyze complex data and make recommendations to the project team
- Knowledge of accounting principles and insurance / risk practices / requirements
- Experience in dispute resolution processes, negotiation skills and communication with internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with integrated ERP systems