£27136 per annum
5 days ago
As a CNC Multi Skilled Operator, you will be working on a varied shift pattern and will be offered a fantastic salary of £27136. This would be working mornings, afternoons, and evenings with shift allowances for each shift.
As a CNC Multi Skilled Operator, you operate Milling Machines and produce machined components to the production plan, in a safe and efficient manner, within the planned production time and to the required quality.
As a CNC Multi Skilled Operator your role will include various tasks such as:
- To load/unload to/from machine the work piece in the correct order and orientation in a safe and efficient manner.
- In accordance with the manufacturing instructions to load the required NC program (s) prior to machining. To select the correct program when required.
- In accordance with the set-up sheet, to load the required tools correctly prepared in the correct stations on the tool carousel prior to machining. To set all required machine parameters as per the set up sheet or manufacturing instructions.
- After loading the work-piece into the machining area, to ensure the work-piece is accurately datumed prior to machining. This must be repeated if the work-piece is moved during the machining cycle.
- Whilst machining to operate the machine in a safe and responsible manner, monitoring machine and cutter performance at all times. The operator must develop a technique of ‘thinking for the machine’ in order to anticipate potential problems or malfunctions.
- The operator must not leave the machine unattended whilst it is in cycle, and must ensure that other personnel are not endangered by the operations of the machine, particularly by contact from machinery parts
The experience & background required:
· As a minimum; City & Guilds Setter/Operator and Part Programming or have completed a short course on CNC Appreciation or have;
· CNC Operator experience, with some programming knowledge
· Know how to load/unload problems to/from the machine;
· Ability to carry out a syntax check and have the ability to diagnose errors;
· How to restart a program mid-cycle by either using reposition function or block search with calculation;
· Be capable of homing the machine after resetting;
If you are interested in this role and feel you have the above skill set, please click to apply