Unique opportunity with an established, major engineering consultancy based in the UK that are rapidly expanding their teams following their continued success.
Based in their client’s Stafford City Centre office, the team are looking for a Civil Engineer that has previous experience of working on a variety of highway schemes within a consultancy or local authority. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team made up of Engineers, where you will collaboratively use your technical expertise to deliver the project to the highest standards.
As the Civil Engineer, your duties will include:
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards
- Undertake any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in an appropriate format ensuring they are compliant with company standards
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification
- Engage in client and third-party liaison
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other contracts when required
To be considered for the role of Civil Engineer you must have a degree in civil engineering, proven experience of working on highways projects within a consultancy or local authority. You will have strong technical skills and be thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages such as CAD. Previous experience of working on Keysoft, MX, Civils 3D would be advantageous.
What will you get in return?
- A competitive salary of up to £40,000
- 32 days annual holidays (including bank holidays), with the option to buy more
- Excellent career development opportunities, with access to internal and external training, which you will be encouraged and supported to take part in
- Flexible working hours
My client is looking to interview in the next couple of weeks, so If you meet the requirements, please apply today to avoid missing out!