Competitive salary based on 35 hour contract, subject to union benefits
about 1 month ago
Purpose of the Job
The Change & Configuration Engineer applies the principles of configuration and change management to maintain the integrity of work products using configuration identification, control, and status accounting.
Ensures that changes are planned a controlled by identifying the work products that are likely to change, establishing relationships among them, defining mechanisms for managing different versions of work products, controlling the changes imposed and auditing and reporting on the changes.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Establish and maintain a configuration management system for controlling work products (the hardware configuration, the generic software configuration and/or the specific software configuration, e.g. parameters, values, data base)
• Identify configuration items, such as components and related work products, to be placed under configuration management (create or release baselines for internal use and for delivery to the customer. Track change requests for configuration items. Drive for impact, cost and schedule analysis for each change and for a go/no go decision from the relevant stakeholders)
• Establish and maintain a configuration and change management plan supporting development projects with detailed CM activities
• Establish that all outcomes are clearly identified and independently versioned inside the configuration management system. This includes:
• Administrate baselines of work products within the selected CM tool
• Ensure that enough records and traceability are maintained in safety related decision making
• Establish and maintain records describing configuration items (e.g. change request records, differences between baselines) including Release Notes which include incompatible versions of software components.
• Define, extend and maintain the software architecture configuration according to the business
• Ensure integrity, stability and quality improvements of the software
• Assemble software and/or hardware items through all levels up to form a complete subsystem
• BA degree (MA/ PhD degree are a plus)
• Extensive relevant work experience (typically at least 5 years of relevant work experience with BSc degree but flexible)
• Experience in using DOORS or other similar tools
• Experience in developing Software systems
• Software Development (Basic Integrity and SIL2) according to EN50657 (IEC61131, C/C++, Matlab, Simulink) is a plus
• Fluent in English and German would be a plus
Salary + Corporate benefits package
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.