£40000 - £42000 per annum, Benefits: Negotiable
about 1 month ago
Salary: Industry Competitive + Company Benefits
We are partnering with a leading precision manufacturer who supply into the motorsport and aerospace industry to recruit a Calibration Engineer due to expansion and several new and exciting projects.
The successful candidate will be responsible for aiding the future growth of the business and will be a key member of the engineering team.
- Ability to take responsibility for delivering engine and vehicle calibration work packages.
- Overseas (Europe and US) testing and validation trips. Requirements for frequent and extended travel.
- Working on site at for test bed activities and off site to support UK based vehicle calibration.
- The Senior Calibration Engineer will be expected to fulfil any other reasonable requirement consistent with departmental objectives.
- Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.
Skills Experience and character
- Demonstrable experience in gasoline [min 5 years] engine and vehicle calibration. Emissions and OBD specialism desirable.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent qualification.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the operating principles of the internal combustion engine.
- Able to interpret technical information to generate a logical series of actions based on the implementation of sound engineering practice.
- Able to communicate effectively on a technical level with engineers, both within and external to Cosworth. This includes the compilation of written reports and oral communications.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to improving skills through relevant training and experience.
- Have a passion for engineering and problem solving.
If this position looks to be an exciting opportunity where you are able to grow and develop your skills, please hit the apply button and we will be in touch ASAP or call me on 01908 222880 to discuss further.