Northampton + Travel
£25,000-35,000 plus benefits
TXM Recruit are partnering with an Engineering Consultancy who work on international projects with manufacturing companies across a range of markets for the design and installation of their production lines and systems within.
They now have a job opportunity for an experienced CAD Technician / Drafter / Draughtsperson / Designer to join them, alongside increasing projects and customer requirements, as their European division grows.
The CAD Technician will be drafting for mechanical requirements: creating and producing technical drawings and design documents for plant layouts, equipment layouts, structural drawings or platforms. You will be responsible for the detailing and drawings for general arrangements and layouts of machinery.
You will be working from sketches, marked-up drawings, and customer requirements information provided by project managers as well as being a point of contact with customers too.
CAD Technician (Mechanical) Responsibilities:
- Generate design documents working from sketches, marked-up drawings, and/or vendor information provided by project engineers or senior designers.
- Generate and understand the pre-design structural unitized and moduled system for the Design & Integration Process.
- Develop the majority of the project documents. Maintain drawing files and assemble of bidding documents. Perform document checking.
- Travel domestically and across Europe (30%).
CAD Technician (Mechanical) Experience
- We are looking for Design, drafting and technical drawings experience for structural requirements, layouts and general arrangements within facilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD – You will be drawing in 2D & 3D and exposure to scanning systems.
With the company working in numerous markets, there will be a lot of variety to your work and huge potential for career development as well as plenty of interesting projects and challenges daily.
If you are interested in this CAD Technician position, please send your CV and contact James Powell of TXM Recruit.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.