One of my leading motorsport clients is looking for an experienced Technical Buyer to join them on a contract basis. Ideally the perfect candidate will have experience buying/purchasing composite/carbon materials as well as previous motorsport experience.
Role - Buyer
Location - Banbury
Rate - Competitive hourly rate
Contract - 3 months minimum
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Follow and implement purchasing guidelines, policies and procedures, continually challenging cost, quality and lead time.
- Oversee our external partners to ensure a level of service is in line with contract expectations.
- Responsible for the project management of vendor supplied projects.
- Experience to foresee potential quality and delivery risks, with the knowledge to implement corrective actions.
- Must be able to efficiently expedite existing purchase orders with a focus on minimizing late vendor deliveries whilst ensuring open order reports are accurate.
- Engineering skills to be able to create a detailed manufacturing routing and expected cost directly from a drawing.
- Confidence to feedback to engineering any changes which could reduce the cost and/or improve the quality of supply without negatively effecting the engineering function of the part.
- Skills to audit a vendors capability, capacity and sustainability and the mindset to look outside the existing motorsport community for the best solution.
- Ability to offer multiple supply options and select the optimum solution per situation.
- Develops and maintains relationships with parts vendors to obtain and purchase parts.
- Responsible for invoice queries and liaising with the finance department to ensure resolution.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment and products.
- Works directly and indirectly with all levels of management in the competition, shop and administrative departments.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Director of Procurement or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
- High School education or equivalent required.
- Typically requires 5 years of procurement or parts department experience, with an emphasis on overseeing inventory and ordering parts.
- Experience in the motorsports industry would be advantageous.
- Experience in an international/global environment desired.
If you are looking for a new role and wanting to be a part of a hard working team within a credible, established organisation then please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01908 228642.
Alternatively if this role is not for you, but you know of anyone who may be of interest, please send this email on. If you can recommend anyone and we place them, we can send you vouchers based on our referral reward scheme.
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.