Watford, United Kingdom
over 1 year ago
£37,000- 39,000 plus benefits
TXM Recruit have an excellent career opportunity for a Buyer / Procurement professional to join a long-established pharmaceuticals company who continue to grow through an agile business model.
As the Buyer you will play a lead role alongside the Head of Supply Chain in improving the strategy for sourcing of raw materials, chemicals and packaging; whereby you will review and define the supplier list and implement reductions of: cost; supplier numbers; and sourcing lead times.
As Buyer you will play a cross-functional role to support the Production and Planning departments through the delivery of a sourcing strategy that will help achieve cost effective production that meets deadlines. At the same time a key relationship will be to work with quality assurance and senior management to ensure all suppliers are risk assessed and that quality assurance of products and services are achieved.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage the approved supplier process
- Review company costing structures and monitor commodity pricing- implementing plans that will reduce the risk around price fluctuations
- Risk assess supplier routes to minimise the risk of delays and stock shortages.
- Deliver on Supplier OTIF (on time in full).
Buyer experience required:
- Have previous Buyer / procurement / purchasing experience within pharmaceuticals, FMCG or chemical type companies (2 years or more)
- CIPS qualified or in the process of working towards
- PC literate with proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experienced in using MRP / ERP systems
This is a great time to join a long-standing company where you can affect process improvement across multiple business units and a broad product and service portfolio.
If you are interested in finding out more about this Buyer job opportunity and the company we are representing, then please contact James Powell, here at TXM Recruit for more information.
Key words – buyer / procurement / purchasing / supply chain / CIPs / supplier
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.