We have a great opportunity for a hungry mechanically minded technician to work on a winter build contract for a leading motorsport team in Milton Keynes.
Role - Junior Assembly Technician
Location – Milton Keynes
Contract – 5 months initially
Rate – Competitive hourly rate
To manage the assembly of off car hardware which is controlled by the Ancillary Support Team. Ensuring all assemblies carry an authentic build structure, bill of material properties and visibility, whilst following company procedures of part tractability, consumption and parts management. The highest industry standards are sort, fusing expectation with the demands of a formula one team operation.
- To assemble all ‘Pit Equipment’, with authentic operational timings, relevant to drawing revision.
- To assist with component builds and service as required.
- To offer ownership of the assemblies, from components through to assemblies. Noting the bill of materials content, shortage and event requirement satisfaction.
- Ownership of assembly build process (new/rework), managing challenging delivery schedules, operation achievement and event availability.
- Close liaison with the Ancillary support workflow coordinator and team leader, to ensure that all assemblies are supplied and kitted relevant to the correct revision.
- To liaise with the design groups on build procedure and feedback any changes that are required.
- Attend all relevant meetings regards to supply and progress of assemblies that AST are responsible for.
- Liaising strongly with Senior Ancillary Support Technician and the Team Leader regards service/turnaround requirement and ensuring assemblies are available relevant to the schedule.
- Ensure that there is a strict adherence to drawing specifications of assembly notes
- Feedback via Senior Ancillary Support Technician any cost or lead-time reduction suggestions.
If you feel like this is the opportunity you have been waiting for to get into the F1 industry, please send cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Craig on 01908 228642