£20865 per annum
12 days ago
As an Assembler you will have a salary of £20865 working a mix of early and late shifts. Upon successful completion of a 3-month probation salary increases to £24941. On top of this salary there is a 16% shift allowance.
As an Assembler you will undertake the assembly of track work layouts, in accordance with relevant specifications, and associated equipment to production plan in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties of an Assembler would include:
· To work under the direction of Team Leader/ Lead Assembler as required.
· Able to read and work to engineering drawings/layout drawings.
· Uses correct measuring tools for the task in hand (including scale metre, tape, barrots, gauges and templates).
· Ensures the correct lay out and mark up of base rails and positioning of concrete bearers/timbers to the layout drawing.
· Lays the steel onto base rails to correct tolerance with minimum supervision.
· Able to identify and sub-assemble e.g., check closures, glued joint rail, twisted closures, stock, switch, expansion switches.
· Familiar with approved methods of gauging track.
· Fixes equipment to concrete or timber layouts using approved methods.
· Assists with despatch duties, including modular, when required
Requirements of an Assembler would be:
· Awareness of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality issues
· Engineering qualification or experience
· Able to read and work to engineering drawings
· Able to work under pressure to deadlines and targets
If you are interested in the position and would like to find out some more details, then please get in touch.