£36000 - £37000 per annum
21 days ago
Salary- £36,000 to £37,000
Position - 5 Axis Setter Operator - NIGHTS
An exciting opportunity has arisen with one of our leading clients, a business that operate in flexible manufacturing working within motorsport.
- To set and operate CNC machines
- To produce components to the company standard in the most efficient / cost effective manner.
- Ensure that information is transferred between shifts and team members as required.
- If problems occur ensure the relevant people are kept informed e.g. Team Leader, Shift Leader, Production Engineer, Scheduler & Maintenance.
- Be committed to continuous improvement and suggest improvements regarding methods, processes and tooling.
- Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate technical information.
- Ability to use 5 Axis CNC machines such as DMG Evo 70
- Ability to use of Fanuc based machines such as Hitachi Seiki and Matsuura
- Knowledge of Heidenhain and Fanuc NC Code and be able to write basic programs
- Ability to problem solve and see errors in NC code
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of:
- Work-holding methods.
- Tool selection criteria.
- Cutting tool parameters.
- Manual machining techniques.
- Shop floor computer systems.
- Quality principles.
- Inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of Machine tooling, Backends & Sharps
- Knowledge of tool measuring equipment such as Zoller
- Automotive engineering experience/background wuld be highly advantageous
- Kaisan, 5s, 6 Sigma and SMED.