£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Negotiable
about 1 month ago
If this role is for you, please apply below.
- To set and operate machines in a safe manner with regard to themselves and others, complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To produce components to the company standard in the most efficient / cost effective manner.
- To be familiar with all systems and procedures of their job.
- Ensure that information is transferred between shifts and team members as required.
- If problems occur ensure the relevant people are kept informed e.g. Team Leader, Shift Leader, Production Engineer, Scheduler & Maintenance.
- Be committed to continuous improvement and suggest improvements regarding methods, processes and tooling.
- Keep working area clean and tidy.
- Work within departmental / company procedures.
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
- Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTER
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate technical information.
- Ability to use 5 Axis CNC machines such as DMG Evo 70
- Ability to use of Fanuc based machines such as Hitachi Seiki and Matsuura
- Knowledge of Heidenhain and Fanuc NC Code and be able to write basic programs
- Ability to problem solve and see errors in NC code
- Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of
- Work-holding methods.
- Tool selection criteria.
- Cutting tool parameters.
- Manual machining techniques.
- Shop floor computer systems.
- Quality principles.
- Inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of Machine tooling, Backends & Sharps
- Knowledge of tool measuring equipment such as Zoller
- Basic numerical and computer skills.
- Change oriented and keen to promote forward thinking,
- Effective communicator both verbal and written.
- Committed and enthusiastic.
- Automotive engineering experience/background.
- Kaisan, 5s, 6 Sigma and SMED.