£50000 - £55000 per annum
about 1 month ago
· Oversee the day to day testing and commissioning programme being carried out by the tram manufacturer - International travel to Europe is foreseen as part of this role.
· Chair and lead regular testing and commissioning briefings on behalf of the operator to better manage operational requirements and testing and commissioning of the new fleet.
· Where required, plan and carry out any further testing required for the operator to introduce the tram fleet into service.
· Work closely with the manufacturers engineering and commissioning teams in order to facilitate knowledge transfer.
· Work closely with the owner’s team in order to audit the construction of the tram fleet.
· Carry out fleet acceptance inspections in conjunction with the owner’s team.
· Ensure that the correct tooling, parts and documentation are in place prior to the acceptance of the first tram.
· Manage the timely delivery of all special tools and equipment on site along with any required documentation or software prior to the acceptance of the first tram.
· Ensure all modifications carried out prior to acceptance are recorded and managed through the manufacturers change control process.
· Working closely with the Technical Trainers and Assessors to develop and deliver training courses on the new tram fleet.
· Support the continued development of the safety management system (SMS) for the new fleet to be introduced into service.
· Comply with departmental procedures for management of spare parts, consumables, tools and equipment.
· To carry out on-call duties.
Essential Work Experience
• Experience in the introduction of new rolling stock.
• Experience in depot readiness for new rolling stock.
• Experience in testing and commissioning of rolling stock.
• Experience of rolling stock inspections and acceptance.
• Experience in finding and diagnosing faults in complex mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Further education qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Excellent attention to detail, including making accurate records either computer or paper based.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, railway rules and regulations.
• Outstanding Safety Awareness gained through working in safety critical operations and maintenance environments.
Salary + Corporate benefits package
TXM Recruit is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.